Famous Guests at Hotel Habana Libre
Hotel Habana Libre has lodged to a long list of crest figures, so much of the national and international political environment as well as of the science, art and the show. Among them stand out:
- Fidel Castro Ruz, Commander in Chief and former president of Cuba.
- Camilo Cienfuegos, Major of the Rebel Cuban Army and he was one of the most outstanding Cuban revolutionaries.
- Ernesto Che Guevara, one of the main ideologists and commandants that led the Cuban Revolution. With the victory of the revolution he was President of the National Bank and Secretary of Industry.
- Valentina Tereskova, The first (woman) cosmonaut.
- Dr. Salvador Allende, at the time President of the Republic of Chile. This last one cohabited systematically in Hotel Habana Libre before being a president, hence later on when occupying the first magistracy in Chile and to make his first official visit to Cuba, he requested it was included in his itinerary, the visit of Hotel Habana Libre to fraternize with the workers that had assisted him before with so much affection.
- Elizabeth (Liz) Taylor, Nicky Hilton’s ex wife at the time.
- Sara Montiel, Spanish music-hall singer.
- Mario Moreno, The unforgettable Cantinflas.